UK Student Visa Requirements….
There are two visa categories to apply for UK studies.
- Student Visa (16 Years Age or above) This route has replaced the Tier 4 (General) student visa.
- Child Student Visa (4 to 17 years old and you want to study at an independent school in the UK.
Here in this blog, we will talk about majorly Student Visa route and its requirement, I must say to please read the whole blog as this will help you a lot.
To be eligible for a Student route visa, you must have:
- CAS Letter/ Unconditional Offer of a place on a course by a licensed student sponsor
- have enough money to support yourself and pay for your course- the amount will vary depending on your circumstances
- can speak, read, write and understand English
- have consent from your parents if you’re 16 or 17 – you’ll need evidence of this when you apply and Birth Certificate as well to show your relationship proof
UK Embassy Student Visa Fees costs:
· £348 to apply for a Student visa from outside the UK
· £475 to extend or switch to a Student visa from inside the UK
Additional IHS Health cover
For International Healthcare Surcharge will cost £ 470 Per Year
When to apply:
When you can apply depends on whether you’re applying from inside or outside the UK.
Applying from outside the UK:
The earliest you can apply for a visa is 6 months before you start your course. You’ll usually get a decision within 3 weeks.
Applying from inside the UK:
The earliest you can apply is 3 months before your course starts. You must apply before your current visa expires. Your new course must begin within 28 days of your current visa expiring.
You’ll usually get a decision within 8 weeks.
Applying for your visa online:
All Pakistani student must apply for their student visa application online using the British Government’s official Gov.UK website.
Documents required for Student route visa:
When applying for your Student route visa, you will generally need:
- A current passport 6-month Validity
- Evidence of funds to provide your living expenses for the duration of your course
- Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) reference number and documents used to obtain CAS
- Tuberculosis screening test from IOM
- Assessment documentation
- ATAS clearance certificate for specific courses (if required)
Note: All documents should be in English or you have to translated in English and must notarised it from Notary Public.
English language requirements:
You must provide evidence of your knowledge of the English language when you apply for your visa. This usually means passing a secure English language test.
UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) have minimum English language requirements for reading, writing, listening and speaking according to your level of study. Your education institution (sponsor) may have different English language requirements.
There is a chance you may be interviewed by a UKVI officer as part of the visa application process. If you cannot hold a simple conversation without an interpreter, you may be refused entry to the UK, regardless of your English language results.
Biometric/Visa Case Submission:
As part of your application, you must have to book an appointment with VFS Global UKVI to submit you application and have your fingers and thumbs scanned and a digital photo taken of your face.
For further details please do not hesitate to contact any offices of FM Consultants Pakistan.